Sunday, January 4, 2015

Custom Hand Towels

On our last adventure we revisited Chicago, one of my favorite cities ever. We were near the end when I realized that I had not spotted anything unusual or interesting in the restrooms, or bathrooms.
That is, until we had checked out and I went to use the public restroom on the main floor of our hotel.

The Silversmith is a beautiful hotel, renovated in the past two years, just a block of Michigan Avenue. The restrooms reflect this upscale vibe with polished stone counters, and classy soap dispensers. What caught my attention was the paper hand towels. None of this coarse brown paper from a wall dispenser. There on the counter next to the sink was a tray of neatly folded, smooth white paper towels printed with the hotel's name. Not exactly an attendant handing you a fine warmed cloth towel, but an unusual touch nonetheless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment