Sunday, February 8, 2015

Heathrow Industrial Chic

I have to be a bit surreptitious when I take photos in public restrooms. I lost my nerve when we went to Harrods, that epitome of shopping decadence in London. The restroom I finally located was crowded with chattering, primping women in party gear. We were at the end of a long day, traveling from Hereford and dressed a bit too casually for the classy surroundings. I didn't even go in - first I would be surrounded by women dressed to the nines, an obvious tourist, and then hoping to get a clear shot for a photo in a 'private' place.



Anyway, I did get manage to get this from Heathrow International. The design is relatively compact with automatic water and soap dispensers. The hand drying is a bit of a reach in the alcove above the sink. And a mirror above that. Not much use to short people - you can barely see the top of my head here.  However, they did allow a bit of counter space for your handbag, backpack or maybe cosmetics (for those who can actually see the mirror)

No comments:

Post a Comment