Sunday, August 8, 2021

Beginning anew!

 I have missed updating this blog, and just writing, period. 

We have just returned from the first extended vacation (more than 3 days) in two years, and I have a lot of new material to share. The plan is to post twice a month, the second and fourth Sundays, so I hope you will check back to see what washrooms made me laugh, or intrigued me. 

Let's start with one of the most recent. This is the facility provided for our dinosaur dig outside of Ekalaka, Montana. It is a popup tent/toilet. No floor, obviously, and a bit short for the taller clientele.

Other features included a zip door, bucket with a seat, and a vent in the top - where said tall people could share their presence with everyone in the area. And supposedly, toilet paper.

About that last item. I did not use the facility, but I witnessed a cautionary tale. 

A woman in need, entered the toilet, zipped up and after a few seconds, unzipped to exit. "There's no toilet paper," she exclaimed. "I know there was some earlier, I saw someone toss a roll to a staff member," I noted. "I did too, but it's gone?" After exchanging a few remarks about how anyone could possible use a full roll in just about 3 hours, she found a substitute, and returned to toilet. A few seconds later, there was a yelp of pain. The early afternoon weather, with no shade mind you, had heated up immensely, and the seat was extremely hot. 

Later we discovered more about the mysterious TP disappearance. One digger discovered a T Rex tooth, and they needed to preserve it in plaster. The crew forgot to pack the plaster, and substituted wet toilet paper, an emergency papier mache instead. Without letting anyone else know. 

One more thing to include in your paleontological tool kit. Pickaxe- check, brush,-check, sunscreen-check, toilet paper-check.  



No comments:

Post a Comment