Sunday, January 11, 2015

Focusing on the details

While I intend for this blog to be entertaining , I also have an underlying theme of awareness and celebration. Celebration and appreciation of the everyday details of our lives.

As an artist and graphic designer, I train my eye to appreciate design elements. This image from the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art in Kansas City, inside the women's restroom. I keep an eye out for quirky, unusual fixtures but none were to be found, Instead I captured this inside one of the stalls. The angle was the results of trying to get all what intrigued me within a confined space.





You can see an interesting combination of textures: polished stone floors, industrial-type textures on the stall walls, and the cushy texture of a floor mat, much like ones used to ease the back and feet of workers. Interesting in themselves but all the more so, because they are unusual elements for a public restroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment